Nowadays we have almost forgotten about healing and preventive resources that nature provides us free at the expense of modern medicine, which is massive, widespread and successfully nested in people’s minds. However, more advertised and more marketed doesn't mean better. Not be underestimated in its merits, the fact is that this industry often tries to ignore the importance, to deliberately underestimate and sometimes even to hide easily accessible, often with even greater efficiency, gifts to human health provided by Mother Nature free and in various forms.
If you have dealt with honey just as an alternative sweetener and food that you know something abstract like, it is generally useful to the body, you miss a lot by depriving yourself of this relatively cheap super food.
Here is a small excerpt of beneficial effects, interesting facts and fields of application of raw honey:
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties. See also about its preservative properties. You will be amazed what honey actually can.
- Natural source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Honey is "intelligent food". Everything in its composition is well balanced.
- It has a positive effect against obesity, as paradoxical as it sounds. The simplest recipe reads: “Drink honey diluted in warm water + lemon on an empty stomach!”
- Honey is more caloric than sugar, but helps fat decomposition in the body. Even its applied externally, on a lipoma for example.
- Strengthens the immune system. If consumed regularly, honey increases the number of white blood cells in blood. Furthermore, it increases their ability to catch "the bad guys" (phagocytosis).
- Supports the development of beneficial bacteria in the gut. This doesn't mean that it treats bad bacteria the same way.
- Provides energy and reduces fatigue. Its easy absorbed by our bodies, not only because it consists mainly of simple sugars. It has a lot of enzymes and other ingredients in its rich composition that ease the process of absorption.
- Helps to restore vision. 2 teaspoons honey + carrot juice every day, give a tangible effect.
- Relieves sore throat. But first check here how use it right and cure sore throat instantly. Combined with hot tea for example, it has no effect.
- Good prophylactic against cardiovascular diseases. Improves blood circulation.
- Relieves burns and promotes faster tissue repair. It can be used for disinfection and relief of wounds. Read more about its antibacterial properties here.
- Contains phytonutrients, which in turn have anti-cancer and anti-tumor properties. Honey can be helpful, although widespread idea of cancer cell's affinity for sugar.
- Relieves colitis, gastritis and ulcer.
- Kills the bacteria causing acne. It can be applied externally.
- Purifies the liver and colon of parasites.
- Helps with anxiety disorders.
- Helps with dandruff problems.
- Relieves toothache. A mixture of honey and cinnamon put in place to relieve the pain.
- Hydrates the skin very well.
- Lowers cholesterol levels and improves blood counts.
- Helps with bad breath. Stir a spoonful of honey and a little cinnamon in a cup of warm water and drink.
- Natural hangover remedy
- Helps for better sleep.
This is only a small part of the beneficial effects of honey. Combined with other foods or used as an ingredient in other recipes, it can be an effective weapon in the fight against various diseases and illnesses. Naturally, it is not a panacea or magical product. Its fanatical use doesn't replace adequate nourishing and consumption of other foods needed for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
These virtues, and those not listed, apply only to the pure natural honey, which most certainly can be procured directly from the bee-keeper producer.